The Champ Pilot is a continuous solid state gyro system that allows users to rapidly survey drill-holes with confidence.
The Champ Pilots™ high-speed continuous survey capability is flexible to all drilling environments at surface or underground and is capable of survey speeds of up to 100m (328ft) per minute.
The Pilots™ next generation features, and mode of operation allows users greater flexibility to survey a wider range of drill-holes without complicated and time consuming setup procedures or deployment techniques.
Depth stations can be assigned manually or wirelessly via AMT’s Electronic Depth Counter.
Battery modules have a 30-hour life and with two supplied as standard you will never run short on power.
Axis onSite™ wirelessly transmits surveys from the Champ Pilot’s handheld device via Wi-Fi or mobile data at the rig or project office, providing users with real-time access to critical drill-hole survey information. Data is accessible from the onSite™ Client Portal or from any geosciences or drilling workspace, delivered by Axis’ seamless and automated enterprise software API integration.
Download Spec Sheet
or Request Information
Please enter your details for instant PDF download or pricing and product information.
- Precision : 0.1% or 1/1000
- Inclination : +/- 0.15°
- Gravity Toolface : +/- 0.15°
- -80° to +80° dip
Downhole Travel (continuous mode)
- Max Angular Rate : 2000° per second rotation
- Velocity (continuous survey) : up to 100m/min (328ftm/min)
- Manual user input (via operating software)
- Wireless, integrated & automated assignment (available with electronic counter)
- Re-chargeable Li-ion, 5000mAh
- 30 hours continuous operation
- Two battery modules supplied
Temperature, Shock & Pressure Rating
- Temperature : -10°c to +70°c (14°F to 158°F)
- Shock : 1000g Axial, ½ sine, 1ms
- Vibration : 10g rms 10-500Hz
- Pressure Rating : 4000psi
Dimensions & Weight
- OD : 36mm (1.41”), L : 1640mm (64.56”)
Wt : 7kg (15.43lbs)
- L : 1117mm (45.9″), W : 410mm (16.1”) H : 180mm (7.1”)
Wt : 25.0kg (55.12lbs)
Measurements & Communication
- Continuous data acquisition every 1m at 60m/min (3.2ft at 197ft/min)
Technical specifications are subject to change without notification.